I know it’s only Tuesday, but if you ask me, it’s never too early in the week for pizza, especially if it includes a side of cajun fries!
Pizza Dough and Toppings
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/2-2 tbsps granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- Oil, for greasing
- Sausages or sausage links, lightly peppered and sea salted
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Mix flours into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add sugar, salt, and oil to the warm water. Add yeast to water mixture and stir. Cover for 2-3 minutes to let bubbles rise.
- Pour water mixture into flour. Knead the dough for roughly 3-5 minutes, or until softer and less sticky.
- Roll dough into ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover the bowl with a towel and place in a warm spot. Let dough rise for 1-1 ½ hour.
- Cook pepperonis and sausages on stovetop (do this roughly 10 minutes before dough is done rising).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease pizza stone with olive oil if necessary.
- Separate pizza dough in half. Refrigerate half for use at a later date.
- Combine parslet, oregano, basil, and onion powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Roll out dough onto pizza stone and cut in half.
- Fill dough with cheese, sausage, and pepperonis. Close the sides and end pieces of the dough together to form a log shape. Flip dough over to hide creasing. Repeat with other roll.
- Top unbaked pizza roll with parsley mixture. Repeat with other roll. Cook for roughly 10-13 minutes or until pizza roll is golden brown on top.
- Serve with marinara/pizza sauce.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8-1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp red pepper
- 2 russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into strips
- Rinse potatoes and wipe with paper towel. Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch sticks.
- Place potatoes in a medium-sized bowl and add all other ingredients, mixing well.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes–or until fries are golden brown–rotating halfway through.