I’ve been craving peanut butter lately–and I’m always in the mood for chocolate–so I thought I’d play around with my peanut butter cup recipe. I have to say that I like this combination the best so far, and I believe it’s because of the milk chocolate/dark chocolate combination.
Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp(s) melted butter
- 4 ozs of milk chocolate, crushed
- 4 ozs of dark chocolate, crushed
- Sea salt, optional
- Place butter in a small bowl and melt butter in microwave (about 15 – 20 seconds).
- Add powdered sugar, peanut butter, and salt to melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with 12-13 mini muffin wrappers (the number of wrappers you fill will vary, depending on how much chocolate you eat beforehand).
- Add crushed milk chocolate and crushed dark chocolate to a small saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring constantly until most of the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat immediately, and continue to stir until remaining chocolate has melted.
- Add a small amount of chocolate to each muffin wrapper (about 1-1 1/2 tsp of chocolate).
- Drop a small amount of the peanut butter mixture onto the chocolate in wrappers.
- Top peanut butter with another 1 – 1 1/2 tsp of chocolate.
- If desired, sprinkle a dash of sea salt onto peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 30- 45 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.